34th Annual Kettle McBlain Camping / Biking Trip
AN AWESOME SUMMER GETAWAY CAMPING / BIKING WEEKEND
34th Annual Kettle McBlain Camping / Biking Trip August 6-8.
34 years and still going strong! A Pine Point favorite!
We will be at Benson’s Camping Resort on Long Lake near Dundee, Wisconsin, about 3 hours north of Chicago.
We had a great time last year and can do a fun, socially distanced event again this year. A Covid waiver is required to participate and we expect everyone to be cautious, even if you have been vaccinated. We follow the CDC's recommendations for social distancing, in addition to any local laws or rules. Masks are required in the buildings at Benson's.
Friday activities - socially distanced, of course.
• Tent set-up
• Campfire & fun discussions
• A grill will be set-up and ready to use about 7:30. Pine Point is not providing any food out of an abundance of Covid caution. We will provide the grill, charcoal and tools. Use at your own risk and please wear a mask or be socially distanced from other.
Road biking routes include 38, 56, & 76 mile options. We have maps and turn sheets available for this self-guided ride (though there are usually plenty of people who have ridden these routes before to help show the way).
MTB at the Greenbush trails. A trail fee is necessary in Wisconsin state parks and a State Park parking pass is also required.
Riders typically stop for lunch in the patio at Fudgienuckles in Glenbeulah. The short and intermediate route riders typically overlap for lunch. The mountain bikers will coordinate lunch times with them.
There are a lot of trails in state parks around the area. Greenbush has the most variety of terrain and a few kettles to check out.
Beach & Long Lake
Long Lake Recreation Area has a couple beaches.
Benson's has canoes and kayaks for rent.
At the end of the ride, many of us also enjoy a well-earned ice cream cone at the Hamburger Haus in Dundee.
Saturday dinner will be on your own.
• Most years people head to the Idlewile Inn, in Saint Cloud WI. We will have to wait and see about local protocols due to Covid.
• The Pine Point grill will also be available.
• Tiki Beach Resort is a fun place to hit a lake and watch a sunset over water and listen to a rock band. Please note that this place has been really crowded other years.
Sunday can be a recovery day, more riding, hiking, canoeing, or ???
INCLUDED IN THE TRIP PRICE:
• Camping space in an area reserved for our group
• Pop, water, beer & wine
• Saturday & Sunday breakfast (cereal, bagels, fruit, and hot coffee/tea)
• Maps & guidance for 38, 56 and 76 mile routes
• Awesome company of outdoor enthusiasts
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
• A tent & relevant camping equipment
• A great attitude & fun spirit
• Rain gear (just in case)
• Swim suit
• Some $$ for Saturday lunch and Saturday dinner
• A bike, boat, and/or hiking shoes
• Quarters for the shower
If you are looking for a ride or have extra spot, please post it in the comments.
$50 Pine Point members
$55 Non Pine Point members
Payment is due at the time of RSVP. We recommend paying by check, written to Pine Point Ski Club. If paying electronically, send your payment to dukesno2 AT hotmail.com
- Paypal (add $3 convenience fee unless sending money as "friend")
For questions contact Jason at sk8r_sk8r AT yahoo.com
RSVP/PAYMENT DEADLINE JULY 27 at 9:00PM
See you at Kettle Moraine!
Campbellsport, WI 53010
Turn sheets will be provided Saturday morning, but if you want to check out the routes in advance:
Here is a link to hiking and mountain biking in the area: